Re: M-x org-create-worg-article command? (was: LaTeX export: when is it

From: Tim Cross
Subject: Re: M-x org-create-worg-article command? (was: LaTeX export: when is it more useful to use LuaTeX instead of pdfTeX?)
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2022 05:06:19 +1000

> Tim Cross <theophilusx@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Juan Manuel Macías <maciaschain@posteo.net> writes:
>>
>> Thanks Juan. It will be fairly trivial to compile the information you
>> have provided into a basic org document which I can then add to org. If
>> on the other hand you would prefer to write it up, all I need is an org
>> document which is based on the (current) org 'worg' template, which is
>> very simple i.e.
>>
>> #+:begin_src org
>>
>> #+TITLE:      [No title for now, please update]
>> #+AUTHOR:     Worg people
>> d:(HIDE) tags:not-in-toc
>
> Maybe Org can provide this template simply from M-x?
> Would you find such addition useful?

That could be a good and easy addition. If we can streamline the worg
submission process, we can probably improve the worg content quite a
bit.

Only drawback I can see is that should we want to change the template,
we would have to wait until a new version is released and then you will
still have a mix of templates as lots of people will wait until next
Emacs version etc.

The question I guess comes down to how often we would need to change the
template - probably very infrequently. I do plan to change the current
template, but if anything, that will be simplifying it.

I will add this idea to the TODO list!