Re: Links to javascript-based websites from orgmode.org: Paypal and Gith

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: Links to javascript-based websites from orgmode.org: Paypal and Github
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2022 07:55:26 -1000

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider ]]] [[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies, ]]] [[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

> It seems odd that our embrace of software freedom should > keep us > from collaborating as fully as we'd like.

It's not odd at all. As we see various activities pushed into unjust computing, which requires nonfree software and online dis-services, remaining free sometimes becomes difficult. You may have to refuse to do certsin things "everyone" does. If one of those things happens to be useful for working on GNU, that's not surprising as tyranny marches
on.

In this case, I'm having to refuse to contribute to Org mode development in the convenient way I contribute monthly to FSF.

I'm hoping this is an odd situation that can be remedied reasonably in favor of my convenience, rather than a tyrannical situation that defies reason.

Nevertheless, it is good to know that I'm free to give up freedoms to contribute to Org mode development. @Ihor, will Paypal work for you?

All the best,
Tom
--