Re: Links to javascript-based websites from orgmode.org: Paypal and Gith

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Links to javascript-based websites from orgmode.org: Paypal and Github
Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2022 16:43:04 +0800

Thomas Dye <tsd@tsdye.online> writes:

> Aloha Ihor,
>
> If you like, please send a mailing address privately. I’ll happily contribute
> to support your good work on Org mode.

Thanks for the offer!
I afraid that sending a check to me specifically is not a good idea,
especially from a person based in USA.

I know little about depositing received checks, so I had to search
through my bank website in China (I have no access to my non-Chinese
bank branches here). The result is disappointing. They charge close to
200USD [1] for collecting checks.

As you can see, there is little point sending me checks.

Probably, USA->China is a bit extreme case, but, as I can see, bank fees
are not uncommon for checks. Thus, small donations are likely impossible
via check. Now, I feel like even the available free donation options are
not really suitable in practice for reasons unrelated to free software.

Best,
Ihor

[1]
http://www.icbc.com.cn/ICBC/%E6%B5%B7%E5%A4%96%E5%88%86%E8%A1%8C/%E5%B7%A5%E9%93%B6%E6%BE%B3%E9%97%A8/en/InvestmentServices/SecuritiesTrading/ServiceCharge/ChequeCollection/ChequeCollection.htm