Serving .org files for worg (was: Re: Library of babel help)

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Serving .org files for worg (was: Re: Library of babel help)
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2022 22:45:11 +0700

On 30/06/2022 16:06, Tim Cross wrote:

Aren't they currently available? I can and I was always able to get the
org sources by changing the link from .html to .org.

No, that doesn't work for me using either chrome or firefox. Chrome just
keeps switching back to the HTML url and firefox just hangs, returning
nothing. Bastien has sent me the nginx config being used, but I've not
yet had a look at it.

It is rather strange

curl -I 'https://orgmode.org/worg/doc.org'

browsers should offer "save as" dialog in such case. It is possible to add Content-Disposition header to force "save" prompt, but I am unsure if it the best option. I would prefer some desktop-wide MIME handler, but there is not specific type for org. text/plain will be likely handled by browsers internally. Unsure if something like "text/x-org" is better since anyway custom configuration will be required.

Tim, did you face the problem with some particular file? Browsers might try to guess real MIME type from file content. If the problem is reproducible, you may experiment with "no sniff" header.