Re: [BUG] org parser error [9.5.1 (release_9.5.1-256-gf1929a @ /Users/ra

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] org parser error [9.5.1 (release_9.5.1-256-gf1929a @ /Users/raymondjohn/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 16:07:29 +0800

Raymond John Abayan <rrabayan@ucdavis.edu> writes:

> I have the following error and coudn't seem to find a solution online.
> Warning (org-element-cache): org-element--cache: Org parser error in *Org Src
> init.org[ elisp ]*::115. Resetting.
> The error was: (error "rx ‘**’ range error")
> Backtrace:
> nil

Thanks for reporting!
Note that your Org 9.5.1 version is not the latest version. Yet, you
appear to be using org-element.el from the latest version. This
situation is called "mixed installation" and can cause unpredictable
errors.

Please make sure that you set the correct load-path early in your
init.el before org-mode is loaded.

Best,
Ihor