We have asynchronous sessions, why have anything else?

From: Ivar Fredholm
Subject: We have asynchronous sessions, why have anything else?
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2022 03:15:17 +0000

A session-less block can be executed by starting a session with a special name (say "*none") which always gets killed after block execution is completed. For interpreter-less languages, we could use the shell as an interpreter (for instance, if we wanted to execute C, we could just start a shell, and send it the gcc command to compile and execute). Would this not cut down the amount of code that needs to be maintained and uniformize the existing code?

Sent with Proton Mail secure email.