Re: exporting to mediawiki syntax math is not converted

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: exporting to mediawiki syntax math is not converted
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 12:42:29 +0800

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

>> See org-html-with-latex. We use mathjax syntax for LaTeX export by
>> default
>
> I see, but that means, the exported wiki cannot be used say for
> wikipedia since it uses mediawiki syntax for math.
>
> Does anybody knows about a 3rd party package providing support for mediawiki?

You just need a custom export filter for latex fragments in
org-export-filter-latex-fragment-functions.

Or, if you think that mediawiki math export is common enough, we may
implement mediawiki support as an additional option in
org-html-with-latex. But we will need other people to voice their
support.

Best,
Ihor