Re: [BUG] org-agenda-skip fails in batch mode because comment-start-skip

From: Asilata Bapat
Subject: Re: [BUG] org-agenda-skip fails in batch mode because comment-start-skip is nil
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2022 11:42:55 +1000

> Could you please provide a detailed reproducer?

Sure. I have attached the files "mwe-data.org" and "mwe-export.org".

To reproduce, save both files in the same directory. Then open mwe-export.org,
navigate to the "Export script" heading, and evaluate (Ctrl-C Ctrl-C) the shell
source block.

Expected output: a generated html file containing the fruits and vegetables
from the mwe-data.org file.
Actual output: Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument stringp nil), details as in my
first message.

Compare on the other hand if you navigate to the "Fruits and vegetables"
heading and evaluate the emacs-lisp code block, it outputs a list of fruits and
vegetables in a results drawer.

> org-agenda-skip should be operating after org-agenda-prepare-buffers,
> which, in turn, should call org-mode. org-mode calls
> org-setup-comments-handling which must set comment-start-skip to
> non-nil.

OK, thanks for the insight. I haven't figured out where things are going wrong.
But a possibly related issue is that lately, when I open an org file for the
first time, org-mode does not load automatically. If I close the file and
reopen, org-mode loads as expected.

Best regards,
Asilata