Re: Google Docs now supports MarkDown, but not Org syntax

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Google Docs now supports MarkDown, but not Org syntax
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 15:48:21 +0300

* TRS-80 <lists.trs-80@isnotmyreal.name> [2022-05-05 03:42]:
> Ken Mankoff <mankoff@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Google Docs now supports MarkDown, not Org syntax :(.
> >
> > https://workspaceupdates.googleblog.com/2022/03/compose-with-markdown-in-google-docs-on.html

Google Docs is anyway proprietary Javascript software, it is not good
to drive users into it.

> There is a Free Software (AGPL3.0) alternative to Google Docs called
> HedgeDoc.  We have used it a little bit (within Armbian project) and I
> think it's pretty neat! [0]

I am just looking into:

HedgeDoc - The best platform to write and share markdown.
https://hedgedoc.org/

It is good for Markdown, but nothing similar to Google Docs, I can't
say it is alternative.

However, it would be good if HedgeDoc starts supporting Org mode, then
it would become very interesting. It is not hard really to support the
basics of Org. Can you do something about it?

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman