Re: org-capture firefox extension broken [silently]

From: Bhavin Gandhi
Subject: Re: org-capture firefox extension broken [silently]
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2022 23:29:22 +0530

On Thu, 9 Jun 2022 at 02:45, Samuel Wales <samologist@gmail.com> wrote:

> i really like and rely on the org-capture extension for firefox.  it
> has worked for years.  i was never able to get manual installation of
> org-protocol and bookmarklets to work, so this extension has been
> extremely useful.[*]
>
> however, upon an upgrade and a reboot in a security-supported debian,
> text no longer appears in org.
>
> the extension does flash its large "captured" notification, suggesting
> to the user [me] that something did work.  i used to rely on that to
> know it was captured, but now i do not know what it is a reliable
> indicator of.

I use it too, and it seems to be working fine on my machines. I have
everything setup as given here
https://github.com/sprig/org-capture-extension

Here are the versions on my system:
Firefox 100.0.2
Emacs 28.1
Org mode 9.5.2
Org Capture 0.2.1

In the Preferences of the extension, I have "Use New-Style links?"
turned on.

> there is a debug option but idk where hte console is in firefox.

I was able to see the logs:
1. I turned on Debug, hit the save button.
2. Then I visited https://orgmode.org
3. Hit F12, and then select the "Console" tab.
4. Gear icon > Persist Logs
5. While the webpage was active, I did Ctrl+Shift+L (the shortcut I
use for Org Capture).
6. I was able to see a log line in the console:
Capturing the following URI with new org-protocol:
org-protocol://capture?template=L&url=https%3A%2F%2Forgmode.org%2F&title=Org%20mode%20for%20Emacs&body=

Can you try to open the above org-protocol:// link as suggested by Max.
--
Regards,
Bhavin Gandhi (bhavin192) | https://geeksocket.in