Re: re-scanning bibliography for org-cite

From: Bruce D'Arcus
Subject: Re: re-scanning bibliography for org-cite
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2022 10:34:38 -0400

On Thu, Jun 9, 2022 at 10:19 AM Fraga, Eric <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Thursday, 26 May 2022 at 18:24, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
> > The relevant function is org-cite-basic--parse-bibliography.
>
> To finally follow up on this, the problem is not with org-cite but
> appears to be due to my use of citar.  Citar seems to cache the keys
> somewhere/somehow and this cache is not updated when the bibliography
> file changes.

Yes; not currently by default, but can be configured.

https://github.com/emacs-citar/citar#refreshing-the-library-display

But more importantly I'm currently working on a major change in the
caching and completion architecture of citar, where I've actually
borrowed ideas and code from oc-basic, so it should work the same WRT
to cache updating, without need for any configuration.

https://github.com/emacs-citar/citar/pull/628

It should take another few days of development and testing before I'm
ready to merge it, but it pretty much works now, and any help with
code review and/or testing would be much appreciated.

Bruce