Re: How to debug a CSL problem

From: Alan Tyree
Subject: Re: How to debug a CSL problem
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2022 11:44:12 +1000

Thanks, Ihor. That found it.

The bibtex entry had:
author = {BIS},

Change to:
author = {{Bank for International Settlements}},

and it all works a treat.

A short random test shows that the export chokes when there is a single name for an author. Again an example:
author = {{Wolfsberg Group}} works fine;
author = {{Wolfsberg}} chokes.

Thanks to you and to Bruce for the help.

Cheers,
Alan

On Mon, 6 Jun 2022 at 11:03, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> wrote:
Alan Tyree <alantyree@gmail.com> writes:

> I guess the bad news is that the csl file validates. I also should have
> mentioned that everything parses properly with pandoc, so I guess it is a
> cireproc-el glitch.
>
> From the brief error report, it must just be choking  on a specific bibtex
> entry, so it would still be helpful to be able to find it.

Run M-x toggle-debug-on-error and then try to trigger the error. Then,
you will be able to see the whole backtrace and potentially find out the
problematic BiBTeX entry. If backtrace does not help, you may need to
use M-x debug-on-entry and use debugger (See 19.1 The Lisp Debugger in
Elisp manual).

Best,
Ihor

--