Re: Eev-wconfig.el etc etc, or: "Exercise: Learn Org!"

From: Eduardo Ochs
Subject: Re: Eev-wconfig.el etc etc, or: "Exercise: Learn Org!"
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 19:36:03 -0300

Hi Ihor!
Thanks for your questions!

On Fri, 27 May 2022 at 11:30, Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@gmail.com> wrote:
> You are discussing too many things at once in one video.

Yes - that's why I made an index for the video:

  (find-1stclassvideoindex "2022eevwconfig")
  http://angg.twu.net/.emacs.videos.html#2022eevwconfig

> What is the main point you want to explain in the video? How to
> download, watch, and annotate a series of videos? If so, you only talk
> about it in the last minutes of the presentation.

The video has many "main points".

> Also, do you expect people new to emacs understand all the
> (commmand args) staff?

Yes, in my view of "what is Emacs" the first thing that people need to
learn is eval-last-sexp and its more convenient variants. See the page
10 of my slides for the EmacsConf2019:

  http://angg.twu.net/LATEX/2019emacsconf.pdf#page=10

> I still fail to understand what is the advantage of eev compared to Org
> or Hyperbole (which also provides context-free actionable links).

Here are my current hypotheses: 1) my brain is wired in an atypical
way; 2) about 95% of the people find Org "easy" and "fun", and eev
makes no sense to them - and about 5% of the people find Org very
hard, and they find eev much "easier" and "more fun" than Org.

I explained this in the eev-wconfig video, starting from 33:27:

  (find-2022eevwconfigvideo "33:27")
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm29XSdGCXw#t=33m27s

That part mentions this other video,

  Title: Org for Non-Users (2021)
  MP4:   http://angg.twu.net/eev-videos/2021-org-for-non-users.mp4
  YT:    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh5Wz9Vh_XM
  Page:  http://angg.twu.net/2021-org-for-non-users.html
  Comment: On why Org and eev follow opposite principles.