Re: Opening org-cite links with different application

From: Alessandro Bertulli
Subject: Re: Opening org-cite links with different application
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 13:15:41 +0200

Thanks to all for your answers!

Max wrote:
> I mean
>    (call-process "xdg-open" nil 0 nil url)
> with "sioyek" instead of "xdg-open" if you do not like to set the
> application as the default handler for PDF files. It will allow to avoid
> additional settings for shell buffers. Of course, you will loose ability
> to check command output for errors, it is shoot and forget method
> suitable for most of viewers however.
Thanks for the suggestion, it works quite well. I can't inspect the
output, but for a PDF viewer that's actually the pretty standard
behaviour, so for me it works fine right now.

To Bruce and Tim: thanks, right now this solution works, but if I figure
out a more clever way to do it (based on your suggestions) I'll give a
shout.

Alessando