Re: [tip] Export and open a PDF in Android via Termux

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: [tip] Export and open a PDF in Android via Termux
Date: Wed, 18 May 2022 23:14:48 +0700

On 18/05/2022 00:56, Juan Manuel Macías wrote:
Max Nikulin writes:

Do termux and emacs build for it have support of D-Bus or notify-send
binary?

I'm not sure, but I would say yes, because Termux has a repository for
X11 applications and to be able to run desktop environments and
graphical applications (via VNC). But in such a case, I understand that
notify-send would only have life within that frame.

I expected some drop-in replacement for notify-send that creates native android notifications might exist
https://github.com/termux/termux-packages/issues/9923

or even more generally an implementation of d-bus server that is interface to android API
https://specifications.freedesktop.org/notification-spec/latest/ar01s09.html