Re: Change of behavior of org-meta-return in 9.6/DoomEmacs?

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: Change of behavior of org-meta-return in 9.6/DoomEmacs?
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 12:57:08 -0400

On Tue, May 17, 2022 at 12:24 PM Guillaume MULLER
<guillaume.muller@alolise.org> wrote:

> I noticed that hitting Meta-Return in org in Doom does not behave as in
> Vanilla Emacs. If I have (with <> being the cursor):
>
> * outline 1
> ** outline 2
>    + no<>te1
>    + note2
>
> In Vanilla Emacs, hitting M-Ret (i.e. calling org-meta-return) resulted in:
>
> * outline 1
> ** outline 2
>    + no
>    + <>te1
>    + note2

I am seeing your Vanilla Emacs behavior on Emacs 28.1 with Org built
from main branch (Org mode version 9.5.3 (release_9.5.3-504-gcdbb1c)).

> As I use "keycast" package, I can see that, in both cases:
> - M-Ret is org-meta-return
> - C-Ret is +org/insert-item-below

The keycast package's modeline display might not show if that
org-meta-return has been advised to modify the behavior.

If you do C-h f org-meta-return, do you see something like "This
function has .. advice: .." towards the end of that *Help* buffer?

> How can I check if it is a change in org 9.6 or in DoomEmacs?

Try reverting your DoomEmacs version to an older version to see if
that fixes it.
Then try reverting to the Org stable version from GNU ELPA (version
9.5.3) and see if that fixes the issue.

Also, may be opening an issue on the DoomEmacs repo might help.

Good luck!