Re: \minus entity and LaTeX export

From: Timothy
Subject: Re: \minus entity and LaTeX export
Date: Sat, 14 May 2022 14:17:44 +0800

Hi Max,

> I was checking which changes had been landed to the main branch as the result
> of
> Ihor’s work and I noticed a commit unrelated to my initial curiosity but that
> might be questionable:
>> org-entities: Change − to -
>> * lisp/org-entities.el: The LaTeX command − doesn’t exist, but a
>> hyphen in math mode produces a minus symbol.

I made that commit after having a look at
<http://tug.ctan.org/info/symbols/comprehensive/symbols-a4.pdf> and only seeing
`\minus' from `MnSymbol' and `fdsymbol', leading me to conclude that `\minus'
was
erroneous. Your point about text mode symbols is a good one, and now leads me to
think that switching to text mode and using `\textminus' would be the most
appropriate value (which I can confirm is both provided by `textcomp' and now
works OOTB with TeXLive 2022).

How does that sound?

All the best,
Timothy