Re: ivy-done and "Unregistered buffer modifications detected"

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: ivy-done and "Unregistered buffer modifications detected"
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 21:29:39 +0800

William Denton <wtd@pobox.com> writes:

> I was fiddling with my init file and something with pdf-tools blew up and
> initialization went wrong and I lost my desktop history list of buffers I
> always
> have open.  When I fixed the problem (by dropping pdf-tools, which I realized
> never used), I had to load all the files I like to have open.  I opened four,
> and for each one I got the same warning, as you can see below.  Further below
> that is the full Org debug dump.
>
> I don't know if the ivy-done clue is enough to be helpful (maybe it just
> means
> there's something funny involving ivy), but if there's more I can do I'm glad
> help.

Thanks for the report!

ivy-done does not appear to do anything with Org buffer. So, the warning
looks rather strange.

I am wondering if you can reproduce the problem using some minimal
config starting from emacs -Q. See
https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html or
https://open.tube/videos/watch/4d819114-43bf-42df-af94-f94fc53dd0d9

Best,