Re: [BUG] Error when editing properties in column view [9.5.3 (release_9

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] Error when editing properties in column view [9.5.3 (release_9.5.3-452-g407104 @ /home/mbork/others-works/emacs/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Wed, 11 May 2022 19:42:19 +0800

> When I try to edit a property in column view, I get the following error
> message:
>
> Invalid column specification format: nil
>
> This only seems to happen if the point is not too close to the left
> margin.  I did a bit of digging and found out that the culprit is most
> probably the `org-columns-update' function, which contains this:

Thanks for the report!
Confirmed.

This (or similar) issue also appears when you run make test using Emacs
master. AFAIK, it has been introduced in some of the Emacs master
commits a few months ago where Emacs changed its behaviour.

We probably need to bisect Emacs and figure out what exactly changed and
whether the problem is on Emacs or Org side.

Best,
Ihor