Re: Concatenate properties

From: Tyler Grinn
Subject: Re: Concatenate properties
Date: Mon, 09 May 2022 16:18:11 -0400

> Tyler Grinn <tylergrinn@gmail.com> writes:
>

>> Could you provide an example of what the value of that variable would be
>> if, for instance, I wanted PROP_A and PROP_B to be joined with a single
>> space and PROP_C and PROP_D to be concatenated? Or better yet, have the
>> default be to join with a single space for any property and have only
>> PROP_C and PROP_D concatenated?
>
> Say,
>
> '(("PROP_[CD]" . ""))
>
> or
>
> '(("PROP_[AB]" . "/") ("PROP_[CD]" . "") (".+" . "∿"))
>
> Best,
> Ihor

I'm not sure forcing regular expressions for all use cases is ideal. Is
there a way to allow the option (I'm calling it org-property-separators)
to allow either regular expressions or exact matches, like
org-use-property-inheritance does?

Other than that I'm mostly ready to send in my first patch. Should I
attach it in this thread or start a new one?

Best,

Tyler