Re: org-fold problems

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: org-fold problems
Date: Mon, 09 May 2022 13:40:54 +0100

On Sunday,  8 May 2022 at 15:25, Ihor Radchenko wrote:
> I suspect the same issue. If you try
> M-: (setq org-fold-core-first-unfold-functions nil)
> before doing ediff and it helps, then I will know the culprit.

It doesn't; sorry.  With this set to nil, all drawers are closed on
ediff although all normal content is visible.

This is with both emacs and org up to date from git as of a few minutes
ago.

> Note that I tried to run ediff-buffers on Org buffers and everything
> remains folded with stable Org 9.5 as well.

That has not been my experience.  I think... but cannot verify.  I do
use drawers a lot and differences are often in them for the type of
document I was working on last week.

With ediff, we need the documents being compared to be completely
expanded in general.

Thank you,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.5.3-472-gd2a459 in Emacs 29.0.50