Re: org-agenda-filter-by-tag doco

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: org-agenda-filter-by-tag doco
Date: Sun, 08 May 2022 21:08:32 +0800

Phil Hudson <phil.hudson@iname.com> writes:

> I'd like to expand the docstring of command `org-agenda-filter-by-tag`
> to document the Elisp equivalent of interactive prefix arguments. By
> trial and error and guesswork I determined that I could emulate `C-u
> C-u` by passing `'(16)` as the second argument
> (`strip-or-accumulate`). I'd like to add text explaining this,
> generalized to all prefix combinations.

I do not think that it is a good idea. There is not much point
explaining basic Emacs concepts discussed in Emacs/Elisp manual in every
docstring of functions making use of universal arguments.

Note that C-u gets automatically highlighted when you view the function
docstring. Clicking on it brings you to the docstring for universal
argument, which, in turn, also contains a link to the manual page.

I think it is good enough.

Best,
Ihor