Re: How to export to markdown programmatically without the table of cont

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: How to export to markdown programmatically without the table of contents?
Date: Wed, 4 May 2022 13:45:35 +0200

* Jeremie Juste <jeremiejuste@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Karl,

Hi Jeremie,

> On Tuesday,  3 May 2022 at 11:15, Karl Voit wrote:
>>
>> I tried this neat code snippet today with Emacs 26.3 and Org-mode
>> 9.1.9 and I got an error:
>>
>> | org-export-barf-if-invalid-backend: Unknown "nil" back-end: Aborting export
>>
>> When I execute the following code, I get the same error:
>> | (setq region "/foo/ *bar* https://example.com baz")
>> | (org-export-string-as region 'md t '(:with-toc nil))
>>
>> Could it be that I don't have "md" as backend somehow? Is there a
>> hidden requirement?
>
> And I still work with (require 'ox-md).

Unfortunately, I did not write down why I thought this is not
necessary any more. However, with the require statement, the error
is gone and the function works now.

Thanks!

--
get mail|git|SVN|photos|postings|SMS|phonecalls|RSS|CSV|XML into Org-mode:
Personal Information Management > http://Karl-Voit.at/tags/pim/
Emacs-related > http://Karl-Voit.at/tags/emacs/