Re: asterisk allowed for list items

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: asterisk allowed for list items
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2022 13:37:02 +0800

c.buhtz@posteo.jp writes:

> Am 29.04.2022 15:49 schrieb Ihor Radchenko:
>> Exactly because you are actively trying to understand the syntax, you
>> are in unique situation where you can easily see all the "opaque"
>> places
>> in the syntax description.
>
> I still don't know if I misunderstand the syntax description document or
> if there is really and "error" in it.

Ideally, our document should be reasonably easy to understand for native
or non-native English speakers. So, please keep posting if you find some
parts difficult.

>> That's why I ask you to propose modifications
>> to the document that would make it easier to read for you.
>
> First of all I have to understand everything and then write that down
> for my self (especially as Python code and unittests).
>
> My english is awful and it wouldn't help you. I even do not understand
> all words and sentences (from a language perspective) of the syntax
> description document. I am not into it enough to propose a patch. I can
> only offer you "my understanding" of the document and "testing" a new
> version of it.

Well. The document has been written by native speaker of (AFAIK)
Australian English. I myself (non-native speaker) had hard time
understanding some parts given my experience with American English. If
you observe some particularly tricky sentences, feel free to complain
here :) The goal of that document is to make things easier, not harder
for the reader.

Best,
Ihor