Re: Name the different types of links in an org file

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: Name the different types of links in an org file
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 13:11:37 -0400

c.buhtz@posteo.jp writes:

> Hello,
>
> I just want to find the correct terms of the different types of links
> an org file can have. This is not only about orgmode but orgroam
> (version 1 and 2) also.
>
> 1. Hyperlinks
> Example: [[https://foo.bar][Link description]]
> This links can also point to files on the local filesystem etc

See the following chapter in the manual:

   (info "(org)Hyperlinks")

and in particular, the sections on "Inernal" and "External" links, but
note that the hyperlink system is extensible - you define your own
link types and behavior:

   (info "(org)Adding Hyperlink Types")

--
Nick

"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache
invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors." -Martin Fowler