Re: [tip] Org speed commands improved

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: [tip] Org speed commands improved
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2022 07:08:31 +0000

Hi Ihor,

Ihor Radchenko writes:

> If you are going this far with speed commands, you might as well switch
> to modal editing. What you are describing is basically a modal command
> map with ability to switch to insert map.

I'm not a fan of modal editing, rather the opposite. But in this
particular case I have found that I spend very little time editing the
raw content of the headers, once I set it. I spend more time editing the
'meta-content': TODO states, properties, tags, refile, attached folders,
etc. And that with the speed commands can be achieved in a very agile
way, so that a small dose of controlled modal editing and reduced only
to the header, maybe it's worth it :-) If the speed commands were also
activated in the content of the sections, here we would have a real
modal editing, and that (in my case) would not be comfortable.

Best regards,

Juan Manuel