Re: Automatically use Heading Content as EXPORT_FILE_NAME?

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: Automatically use Heading Content as EXPORT_FILE_NAME?
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2022 19:27:55 -0700

fwiw, what i do is export to a buffer, then write to a file whose name
is derived from the header.

(alpha-make-valid-path
                        (with-current-buffer org-buffer
(org-get-heading 'no-tags 'no-todo)))

(defun alpha-make-valid-path (s)
  "Make a string into a filesystem path."
  ;; see files.el for this and tramp
  (subst-char-in-string ?/ ?!
                         (replace-regexp-in-string "!" "!!" s)))

i think it might have some issues with long headers and some basename
limit on linux.  you seem to truncate for that.

--
The Kafka Pandemic

https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com