Re: org-cite styles don't allow * in them

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: org-cite styles don't allow * in them
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2022 21:40:49 +0800

> I had your
>
>   *bold [cite:citet*:@key]
>
> example in mind. Sure, if bold jumps across the citation this is
> different. I'm not sure this is something that is frequent enough to
> worry.

According to Prof. Kitchin, it is not frequent. However, if it does
happen it will be very annoying to deal with.

> Besides, the suggested idea of using [cite/citet*/:@key] for
> disambiguation seems fine (as long as they are implemented).

Maybe we can make trailing "/" alias of the same style without slash?
(e.g. cite/citet*/ is treated as alias of cite/citet* even if
cite/citet*/ is not explicitly defined by the processor) I do not think
that we can afford to rely on external processors to take care about
this.

best,
Ihor