Re: Some feature requests/questions

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: Some feature requests/questions
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2022 17:34:12 +0100

Hi Philip,

some quick comments on two of your requests:

On Tuesday, 19 Apr 2022 at 15:49, Philip Kaludercic wrote:

> 3. Related to the previous point, is there a way to configure capture
>    templates /in/ org files?  That would make it easier to dynamically
>    add notes, without having to do so centrally, in my configuration
>    file.

You can define local variables in files and directories.  Check out the
info manual,

[[info:emacs#Specifying File Variables][emacs#Specifying File Variables]]

> 4. Limiting until when events may repeat, without having to duplicate
>    timestamps manually (or via `org-clone-subtree-with-time-shift').
>    Better yet being able to do so for an entire subtree/file, and have
>    the property inherit itself.

You can use Emacs diary s-expressions to specify ranges of dates in org:

[[info:emacs#Special Diary Entries][emacs#Special Diary Entries]]

--
: Eric S Fraga, with org release_9.5.2-426-gf6813d in Emacs 29.0.50