Re: #+latex_header blocks, or, managing lots of LaTeX headers

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: #+latex_header blocks, or, managing lots of LaTeX headers
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 10:34:22 -0400

On Mon, Apr 11, 2022 at 10:53 PM Vikas Rawal <vikasrawal@gmail.com> wrote:

> For a major project like this, I would just put these in a separate file, and
> include it using #+INCLUDE:

Org has a special keyword for the purpose of including *just the setup
stuff*: #+setupfile

See (org) Export Settings.

#+include is useful when you want to include setup stuff mixed with Org content.

#+setupfile will include only the setup stuff. I think that would mean
only the Org keywords (lines beginning with #+) will be imported.
Additionally, #+setupfile keyword can accept either a file path or a
web URL.

So I have this at the top of many of my Org files:

#+setupfile:
https://cdn.rawgit.com/kaushalmodi/.emacs.d/master/misc/org-setupfile.org

That file has my common setup stuff like LaTeX headers, Org macros, etc.