Save Gnus attachments to Org using org-attach and helm-org-ql

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Save Gnus attachments to Org using org-attach and helm-org-ql
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2022 08:49:46 +0000

Hi all,

I thought it wouldn't be a bad idea to be able to save attachments from
GNUS (current article) to any Org node, via org-attach. Since I use
helm-org-ql to quickly access the headlines of my org documents, it
occurred to me to write this action for helm-org-ql. I share it here in
case someone finds it useful.

Best regards,

Juan Manuel

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (defun my-helm-org-ql/gnus-save-parts-to-org-attach (marker)
    (interactive)
    (switch-to-buffer (marker-buffer marker))
    (goto-char marker)
    (org-show-entry)
    (when (not (member "ATTACH" (org-element-property :tags
(org-element-at-point))))
      (org-toggle-tag "ATTACH"))
    ;; create attach dir if not exits
    (let ((atch-dir (org-attach-dir t))
          (art gnus-article-current))
      (gnus-summary-save-parts "." atch-dir art)))

  (with-eval-after-load 'helm-org-ql
    (add-to-list 'helm-org-ql-actions
                 '("Save attachments" .
my-helm-org-ql/gnus-save-parts-to-org-attach) t))
#+end_src