Re: [BUG] org-cite does not support techreport, mastersthesis, phdthesis

From: Rick Lupton
Subject: Re: [BUG] org-cite does not support techreport, mastersthesis, phdthesis, and conference entries [9.5.2 (release_9.5.2-426-gf6813d @ /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/)]
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2022 20:51:01 +0100

I also found this recently. The reason is that BibTeX-dialect is set by
org-cite-basic--parse-bibliography in oc-basic.el based on the file extension.
Renaming your bibliography file to end in “.bibtex” instead of “.bib” should
make it be parsed using the bibtex rather than biblatex dialect.

I did find this surprising, as I’ve always just used “.bib” for both dialects,
and unless I was missing something it seemed to be incompatible with the bibtex
program which seemed to expect a .bib extension.

Generally the cite export is working well, thank you.

Best
Rick