Re: org-agenda todos list sorted by earliest deadline first

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: org-agenda todos list sorted by earliest deadline first
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2022 13:44:25 +0800

Sébastien Gendre <seb@k-7.ch> writes:

> I've tested it, but the tasks with no deadlines are still on top of the list.

I am unable to reproduce on my side using latest stable Org.
I used the following example org file:

----
* TODO test1
* TODO test2
* TODO test3
DEADLINE: <2022-04-04 Mon>
* TODO test4
DEADLINE: <2022-04-06 Wed>
------

(setq org-agenda-sorting-strategy '((agenda deadline-down time-up habit-up
priority-down timestamp-down category-keep)
                                    (todo deadline-up priority-down
category-keep)
                                    (tags priority-down category-keep)
                                    (search category-keep)))

The todo agenda buffer looks like:

Global list of TODO items of type: ALL
Press ‘N r’ (e.g. ‘0 r’) to search again: (0)[ALL] (1)TODO (2)DONE
  bug:        TODO test3
  bug:        TODO test4
  bug:        TODO test1
  bug:        TODO test2