Multiline list entries / Is auto-fill-mode in org(roam) usual?

From: c . buhtz
Subject: Multiline list entries / Is auto-fill-mode in org(roam) usual?
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2022 20:28:47 +0000

Hello togehter,

is it usual to have auto-fill-mode (automatic new-line after n characters) turned on in org or org-roam (including fill-column set e.g. to 80)? Or let me ask from another point of view: Is it usual to have multiline list entries?

- first list entry
- second list entry with more then 80 chars/columns two with Lorem ipsum dolor
sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr
- third entry

Without auto-fill-mode it would look like this, without any linebreak in an entry:

- first list entry
- second list entry with more then 80 chars/columns two with Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr
- third entry

I know that org is not markdown but I tried some markdown editors to test it. They still recognize the linebreak in my first example and rendered it "correct" as a 3 item list. I checked the syntax docu [1] about it but I couldn't find a hint or didn't understand.

Do I understand it correct that the end of a list is marked by an empty line?

[1] -- <https://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-syntax.html#Plain_Lists_and_Items>