Re: citations: org-cite vs org-ref 3.0

From: Bruce D'Arcus
Subject: Re: citations: org-cite vs org-ref 3.0
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 13:27:51 -0400

On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 11:27 AM Max Nikulin <manikulin@gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Emphasis and bold markers may appear in plain text export. Behavior of
> >> styles is
> >> not uniform in respect to adding (unbreakable?) space before citation.
> >
> > Sorry; not following here again. Isn't the space before a citation
> > determined by the user?
>
> I was lucky enough to pick a couple of styles having different behavior.
> Notice additional unbreakable space before "[1]" in the second example.
> I have checked a couple of IEEE papers and they have spaces before
> citations, so to switch from IEEE to APS style it is necessary to remove
> spaces before citations.

The latter style includes a non-breaking space in the citation definition ...

https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/blob/21e2177295be5b98ef49b00dd4b8cc7e68d2143d/american-physics-society.csl#L96

... which strikes me as odd, though would explain what you see.

The former has no space.

Bruce