#2 Org mode profiling meetup on Sat, Mar 26 (was: Org mode profiling mee

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: #2 Org mode profiling meetup on Sat, Mar 26 (was: Org mode profiling meetup on Sat, Feb 26 (was: profiling latency in large org-mode buffers (under both main & org-fold feature)))
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 18:57:50 +0800

Dear all,

There were several people who came to the last meetup looking for
information about debugging Org mode. The last meetup was rather
unhelpful in this regard since we dove into a specific use-case.

I plan to try once more providing a more general introduction to Org
(and Emacs) debugging. Tentatively, I plan to talk about:
1. Running Emacs with clean configuration + latest version of Org
2. Bisecting config to find configuration-related issues
3. Using Emacs profiler and sharing profiler results
4. Answer any questions on the first three topics

After the introduction, we can continue with interactive debugging if
there is anyone experiencing performance (or other) issues with Org and
willing to share screen.

Note that using microphone and/or camera should not be required. Jitsi
does have chat.

The time will be the same: 9pm SG time (4pm Moscow; 8am New York; 1pm
London). Sat, Mar 26

I will post the link to the meeting one hour before the meeting start.

Best,
Ihor