Re: Timestamp parsing inside node properties and other contexts out of o

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: Timestamp parsing inside node properties and other contexts out of org-element-object-restrictions
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2022 00:05:34 +0100

Hello,

> So, depending on the current command, Org may on may not treat objects
> matching org-ts-regexp-both as timestamps.
>
> This situation complicates syntax and makes org-element unreliable when
> dealing with Org buffers.

This is orthogonal to syntax. I think the docstring of that predicate is
clear: `org-at-timestamp-p' is a convenience function for broader uses
of timestamps, which existed before Element.

> Should we just simply allow timestamps to be a part of node property
> values? Should we _not_ treat timestamp-looking text outside their
> allowed contexts (like quotes, source blocks, etc) as timestamps?

Allowing Org syntax in property values is creating another set of
problems: often the value is really a string that Org shouldn't try to
interpret.

Regards,
--
Nicolas Goaziou