Re: [BUG] Agenda no longer works for timestamps inside properties drawer

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [BUG] Agenda no longer works for timestamps inside properties drawer [9.5.2 (release_9.5.2-24-g668205 @ /home/ignacio/repos/emacs/lisp/org/)]
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2022 18:17:47 +0800

> so i guess i am interested in the rationale.  example of ts [and text]
> search being useful might be an example or ledger block that contains
> ledger source, or something like that.  i can get why bare ts not
> being matched inside links might be useful.
>
> otoh i can get why text [not ts] and isearch search inside of links
> can be useful.
>
> idk if my intuitions match those of others.  i am partly trying to
> think of what a newcomer might expect to work [and the simplicity of a
> rule that he or she would have to remember in order to know what the
> behavior will be].

I can see your point. Simple timestamp matching by regexp disregarding
timestamp objects might be useful. However, I do not think that matching
should be via timestamps in such a case. Rather it should be even more
lax - agenda may match anything date-looking (with or without brackets).
A specialized regex agenda matcher with regex constructed using current
agenda date.

Maybe we can introduce a new agenda view? Or maybe a special agenda
mode, similar to org-agenda-include-inactive-timestamps?

Best,
Ihor