Re: [BUG] Agenda no longer works for timestamps inside properties drawer

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [BUG] Agenda no longer works for timestamps inside properties drawer [9.5.2 (release_9.5.2-24-g668205 @ /home/ignacio/repos/emacs/lisp/org/)]
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 17:50:38 -0700

this is merely intuition, but i can

- understand why planning line tses should not be matched in various
places; they are closely tied to real org entries
- not quite grasp why bare active and inactive tses should not be
matched by ts agenda almost anywhere including blocks.  perhaps the
idea is that you might wnt to store lots of data with tses and they
would be too much clutter?
- understand that there are probably plenty of implementation issues
that might obtrude and should be respected

so i guess i am interested in the rationale.  example of ts [and text]
search being useful might be an example or ledger block that contains
ledger source, or something like that.  i can get why bare ts not
being matched inside links might be useful.

otoh i can get why text [not ts] and isearch search inside of links
can be useful.

idk if my intuitions match those of others.  i am partly trying to
think of what a newcomer might expect to work [and the simplicity of a
rule that he or she would have to remember in order to know what the
behavior will be].

--
The Kafka Pandemic

https://thekafkapandemic.blogspot.com