Re: [RFC] DOCT: Declarative Org Capture Templates (easier template synta

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [RFC] DOCT: Declarative Org Capture Templates (easier template syntax)
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 14:17:00 +0100

Hello,

> I am pinging this thread again because I believe that doct syntax is
> much easier to write compared to current defaults. It should be added to
> Org core.
>
> Also, if anyone agrees with my arguments below, do not stay silent and
> drop a "+1" email below. Otherwise, this whole thing will be stalled.
> There is no point discussing technical aspects, if there is no
> interest.

I think there should be a direct mapping between Customize interface and
values. Adding this macro as a band-aid to simply configuration is not,
IMO, a solution.

If capture templates values are too complicated, what about simplifying
them, and possibly use this macro as a temporary solution to help
transition?

Regards,
--
Nicolas Goaziou