Re: Org and multimedia (tips?)

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: Org and multimedia (tips?)
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2022 11:13:18 +0000

Max Nikulin writes:

> org-web-tools is an interesting project, but if you have access to
> files it should be easier to extract all meta information directly
> using e.g.
>
>     exiftool -json file.mp3
>
> or another tool suitable to particular format. It seems emms has
> interface to various tools.
>
> P.S. You may try to adapt common LISP implementation of ID3 parser
> https://gigamonkeys.com/book/practical-an-id3-parser.html

Maxim, thanks a lot for the ideas. I take note. The reason for using
org-web-tools is that the web page that GNUMP3d serves is extremely
simple, with an alphabetical list of artists, titles, and links to the
.m3u to stream. The list is easily reusable in Org. In the end I managed
to write a function to create in each node a property drawer with
album title, date and artist, accessing each m3u and obtaining the
information with ffprobe (screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/1ALe4Ah.png).

Best regards,

Juan Manuel