Re: Org and multimedia (tips?)

From: Max Nikulin
Subject: Re: Org and multimedia (tips?)
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2022 21:40:49 +0700

On 18/03/2022 05:44, Juan Manuel Macías wrote:

What I do is quite simple and rudimentary. For example, I have all my
music files stored on a hard drive on my Raspberry. As a media server I
use GNUMP3d, which is pretty clunky and outdated, but it works fine and
is very easy for me to administer. GNUMP3d serves a local web page with
the list of titles and artists. I convert that web to an Org node using
org-web-tools (https://github.com/alphapapa/org-web-tools), and some
extra elisp to clean up inconsistencies and format everything so that
each artist/title is a sub-tree. The process is not quite fine-tuned: I
have to see how labels and properties could be added automatically:
music gender, year, etc.
org-web-tools is an interesting project, but if you have access to files it should be easier to extract all meta information directly using e.g.

    exiftool -json file.mp3

or another tool suitable to particular format. It seems emms has interface to various tools.

P.S. You may try to adapt common LISP implementation of ID3 parser https://gigamonkeys.com/book/practical-an-id3-parser.html