Re: Problems with babel reading Japanese paths in Windows

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: Problems with babel reading Japanese paths in Windows
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 20:48:23 +0800

Jonathan Nogueira <jontnog@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been working with emacs and org on Windows 10.0.19042 and was recently
> trying to get babel to produce plantuml diagrams.
>
> I've managed to (I think) narrow the issue down to Babel either not being
> able to read/write Japanese paths to shell commands, as when I attempt to
> build the diagrams in folders with only ASCII paths, they build fine, but
> when babel attempts to execute any source code for paths that contain
> Japanese characters, babel gives back the cmd error "The System Cannot Find
> the Path Specified."

I do not use Windows, but I recall somewhat relevant discussion on
planuml recently:
https://orgmode.org/list/5d7eba13-b717-a12a-5f89-7d2c9414917e@gmail.com

It seems that plantuml might have some issues with UTF unless you pass
relevant command line args.

Did you try to run plantuml manually from windows cmd using the
problematic path?

Best,
Ihor