Re: [BUG] LOGBOOK makes property search (in org-agenda) too slow(?)

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: Re: [BUG] LOGBOOK makes property search (in org-agenda) too slow(?)
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 10:24:43 +0100

>>>>> "fmd" == fr ml@t-online de <fr_ml@t-online.de> writes:

    fmd> I have just one headline and do a simple property search
    fmd> (prop1="blah1") for the 'org-agenda', but this takes about 10
    fmd> seconds!

Org versions from recent years don’t like large logbooks and don’t like
large files.  For agenda, org-super-agenda & org-ql provide solution,
they are generally much faster, don’t suffer from the logbook problem
and are also much powerful.

For other purposes, it can be more difficult.  For example, I had to
split my single org-drill file into multiple smaller files when editing
and using the file became unusable due to Org slowness in some new Org
version.  The increasing Org slowness is a limiting factor (and perhaps
the only limiting factor) of what can be done with Org.

Regards,
Milan