Re: org-modern

From: autofrettage
Subject: Re: org-modern
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2022 17:34:25 +0000

Call me old-fashioned if you like, but when I see efforts like org-modern, I
cannot help but thinking about Neo in Matrix. It was his ability to see the
source code, which gave him his god-like powers.

I therefore draw the line at (conventional) syntax highlighting.

(I am painfully aware my standpoint could have its roots in the following
phenomenon:
You tend to take new inventions for granted, if they appeared when you were 15
years or younger. Inventions appearing between the age of 15 and 35, are not
only accepted, but often hailed as "break-throughs", "game changing", and the
like. Once you are older than 35, most new things tend to be dangerous, or even
evil.)

Cheers
Rasmus