Re: Inconsistent handling of multi-line properties

From: Kaushal Modi
Subject: Re: Inconsistent handling of multi-line properties
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 15:45:22 -0500

On Mon, Feb 28, 2022 at 3:34 PM Kaushal Modi <kaushal.modi@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 2, 2021 at 11:03 AM Hanno Perrey <hanno@hoowl.se> wrote:
> >
> > Hej,
> >
> > I have noticed that properties that stretch over multiple lines using
> > the :value+: syntax are ignored by org-element-property and therefore
> > also by e.g. org-export-get-node-property when exporting to ics via
> > ox-icalendar.el (see example below). I was wondering now whether this is
> > intentional and to be expected or a bug?
>
> I use the :value+: syntax for the subtree properties regularly. For
> exports, though, you need to prefix the properties with EXPORT_.
>
> See the (org) Export Settings node in Org manual.
>
> > When exporting sub-trees, special node properties can override the
> above keywords.  These properties have an ‘EXPORT_’ prefix.  For
> example, ‘DATE’ becomes, ‘EXPORT_DATE’ when used for a specific
> sub-tree.  Except for ‘SETUPFILE’, all other keywords listed above have
> an ‘EXPORT_’ equivalent.

Sorry, ignore my email noise. I had never tried ox-icalendar before.
But I just tried it with your test snippet and it doesn't work as
expected even with the EXPORT_ prefix.

Also, I don't see any location info get exported to the .ics file
(with or without the EXPORT_ prefix). So I don't know what I should
expect to see in the .ics file.