Re: org-cite and org-ref-cite

From: John Kitchin
Subject: Re: org-cite and org-ref-cite
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2022 10:11:18 -0500

I would not recommend org-ref-cite (https://github.com/jkitchin/org-ref-cite). It was an early approach to trying to integrate org-ref with oc-cite. As far as I know, it worked fine for that, and was pretty complete for citations, but I have abandoned this approach and archived the repo. If anyone would like to take over this repo I would be happy to transfer it.

If you are looking for something above and beyond the default oc-cite capabilities, https://github.com/bdarcus/citar is probably a better choice than org-ref-cite as it is actively developed.

John

-----------------------------------
Professor John Kitchin (he/him/his)
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803

On Sat, Feb 26, 2022 at 8:42 AM Henrik Frisk <frisk.h@gmail.com> wrote:

Den fre 25 feb. 2022 kl 13:56 skrev Eric S Fraga <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk>:
On Friday, 25 Feb 2022 at 08:50, Henrik Frisk wrote:
> The only thing I can't seem to sort out is to change the style of the
> citation. Regardless where I do it I get the error "Wrong type
> argument: org-cite-processor,"

It would help if you could post a minimal example.

Of course, I should have done it right away. This is related to org-ref-cite:

If I click on a reference, say [cite/t:@Smith2022] I get a hydra menu in which I can choose 's: Change style'. Choosing that generates a 'Wrong type argument: org-cite-processor,' message. Same if I do C-u C-c \ to insert a new refernce and choose style.

> Another question: if I would like to export to LaTeX but with citation
> commands rather than formated citations, would that be possible? I am
> sorry if I'm missing something obviuos.

Yes, definitely possible.  I have the following:

#+cite_export: bibtex plain

Excellent, that was what I was looking for. Thanks!

/Henrik