Re: Footnote tooltips (an attempt)

From: Juan Manuel Macías
Subject: Re: Footnote tooltips (an attempt)
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 16:25:50 +0000

John Kitchin writes:

> that is a nice solution. I probably should have read the docstring on
> org-footnote-get-definition  a little more closely, it has the
> definition you need in it!

Well, it's a minor detail. The really brilliant thing here is your idea
of passing the function as a help-echo value, instead of a text string.
It works like a charm! :-).

(I didn't know that the help-echo property could accept a function as a
value, and reading the documentation I realize that this has a lot of
potential...).

Best regards, And thanks again,

Juan Manuel