Re: [BUG] Typo in manual [9.5.2 (9.5.2-gfbff08 @ /home/ignacio/.emacs.d/

From: Marco Wahl
Subject: Re: [BUG] Typo in manual [9.5.2 (9.5.2-gfbff08 @ /home/ignacio/.emacs.d/elpa/org-9.5.2/)]
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 11:59:15 +0100

Ignacio Casso <ignaciocasso@hotmail.com> writes:

> I would like to report a minor typo in the manual, although I'm not sure
> if this is the right place (please point me to it if it's not).

Confirmed.

And this is the right place to report this bug.  Thanks!

> In the section Appendix A Hacking -> Using the Mapping API
> (https://orgmode.org/manual/Using-the-Mapping-API.html), it says that
> org-map-entries returns an alist, but it actually returns a list (as
> correctly stated by C-h f org-map-entries).

To me this looks like the documentation in the manual started from the
documentation of the function.  and with time these two documentations
diverged.

What about removing the (diverged) duplication of the documentation of
function org-map-entries from the manual?