RE: Unable to get current or via use-package

From: Cook, Malcolm
Subject: RE: Unable to get current or via use-package
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2022 16:28:23 +0000

>(use-package org
>:ensure org-contrib)

I believe `:ensure org-contrib` is no longer needed.

I tend to use the org-mode from the package manager, but do not do it
interactively from within emacs.  Instead, which when I want to refresh org, I
do from the command line:

        emacs -Q -batch -eval "(progn (require 'package) (package-initialize)
(package-refresh-contents) (package-install 'org))"

Also, early in my init.el, as extra level of precaution against getting the
built-in org-mode, I ensure it never gets loaded:
        (require 'cl-seq) (delete (car (cl-member "lisp/org" load-path :test
#'string-match)) load-path)